The focus of the Intensive course in Fragrance Management is to provide students with a deep understanding of the fragrance industry and the techniques used to design and market unique memorable scents.
The program is designed to appeal to students who are passionate about perfumery and want to learn about fragrance design management. You will gain knowledge and hands-on experience in the process of creating and marketing a fragrance brand into the larger context of the beauty and fashion industry.
The overall goal of the course is to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to enter the fragrance industry, from understanding scents to mastering the art of fragrance marketing. By the end of the course, you will have a solid understanding of the key components of fragrance creation, including the olfactory system and marketing techniques. You will also learn about the history and cultural significance of fragrance and gain a global perspective on the industry.
Students will learn how to manage a variety of projects related to fragrance creation, including product development, marketing campaigns, and sales strategies. You will work on individual and group projects, designing and creating your own signature fragrance brand, as well as conducting market research to understand consumer trends and preferences.
The key learning outcomes for students who complete this course include:
- the ability to create your own signature fragrance brand from conception to completion
- the ability to conduct market research and analyze consumer trends in the fragrance industry
- the ability to understand the cultural and historical significance of fragrance
- the ability to develop and execute effective fragrance marketing campaigns
Additionally, the course emphasizes the development of critical thinking, communication and problem-solving skills, which are highly valued in the fragrance industry.
The curriculum of the Intensive course in Fragrance Management includes a range of subjects that will help students develop their skills and knowledge in the field. Some of the key topics covered include:
- Fragrance Design: analysis of the olfactory system and how it relates to fragrances, exploration of the art of fragrance creation, including fragrance families and blending techniques
- Olfactory Branding: theory and practice of strategies to maintain, improve and increase awareness of a perfume brand
- History of Perfume: history and cultural significance of fragrance
- Fragrance Marketing and Communication: marketing principles including advertising strategies
- Graphic Design & Packaging: insights into graphic design and visual practice for perfume brands and products
Through an immersive 250 hours of lessons and activities, the Intensive Fragrance Management program is structured around a series of modules that cover different aspects of the perfume market, providing a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge, including lectures, case studies, group and individual projects, and hands-on learning experiences.
This course includes guest speakers from the perfume industry who share their experiences and insights with students. There are also opportunities for field trips in the local area, providing students with valuable networking opportunities and professional experience.
To be eligible for this course, you will need to be selected after the admission process.
Basic requirements are:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with motivation letter
- English language proficiency
- Secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent
Students who complete this course can pursue a range of careers in the fragrance industry, including fragrance design, branding and marketing.
Graduates can find work in fragrance companies, beauty brands, fashion houses and independent perfumeries. With the skills and knowledge gained from the course, you will be well-positioned to create your own successful fragrance brand.