- Level: Master
- Duration: 9 months
- Cost: € 28,000
- Language: English
The upcoming edition of this program will begin in October 2020. If the conditions do not allow an experience on campus, we are prepared and committed to moving courses online until we are able to welcome our students at Polimoda.
This master course features three main areas: vision; the tuning between human, society and industry that makes the brand relevant, management; the strategic marketing of a business model in real case scenarios and communications; the creation and delivery of a sense-based message to seduce and aggregate.
Fashion Brand Management is run by teachers from the industry and international guest lecturers. Field trips to trade fairs, fashion shows, companies and corporate museums are included, as well as internship opportunities. The course’s two main projects, rebranding a major label and launching an emerging brand, are tutored by Polimoda’s Director and are of a quality to present as a personal portfolio.
Lessons take place from October to June or April to December and amount to a total of 700 contact hours. There is the possibility of completing the course with an internship in a fashion company, leading to the overall obtainment of 80 credits. English language proficiency and attendance are required. Candidates are eligible and selected after the admission process.
Upon completion of the Master, students will be automatically given the possibility to partake in the Polimoda Talent program.
The areas of Vision, Management and Communications take concrete form in the following modules:
- Contemporary Fashion - fashion systems; designers, products and brands by concept.
- Art Direction - sociology of the imaginary; art & fashion; brand ID architecture; mid-term and final project.
- Fashion Futures - trend methodology, current retail trends, shop formats and strategies, buyology.
- Fashion Brand Management - business model innovation; positioning; commercial development.
- Collection Management - fashion merchandising; collection composition and assortment plans.
- Fashion Operations - craft to business; supply chain models; statistics & benchmarking; operations.
- Fashion Business Administration - business performance metrics; balance sheets; business plan.
- Fashion Law - new businesses (patents, trademarks, contracts); brand extensions and licensing.
- Fashion Communications - brand equity; brand communications; copywriting; strategic media planning.
- Press to Impress - photography and magazines; graphic design; video making and photo shooting.
- Visual Communications - creative process; styling a collection; collaboration with design students.
Intensive workshops will be held in the subject of strategic branding, event management, financial management, multikulti, communications 2.0 and brand typography.
Upon successful completion of the master course, students will be able to:
- Develop visionary and creative ideas in order to create, preserve and reshape the identity of a brand.
- Manage the fine-tuning between human, society and industry that gives a brand relevance in the industry.
- Create new designs, trends and businesses to anticipate future insights and competitors.
- Create strategic plans out of business models for new products, markets and target groups.
- Elaborate the concept of a 360° communications plan by creating key messages to seduce and aggregate.
Danilo Venturi is specialised in creative direction and brand architecture. Holding an academic background in politics and a Master in Luxury Management from Polimoda, Mr Venturi has developed an interdisciplinary career across music, e-commerce, retail concepts, luxury and writing, and indeed authored Luxury Hackers (2011) and Momenting the Memento (2014). He was the Head of the Business Department at Polimoda before assuming his current role in 2016.
Watch Danilo Venturi, Polimoda's Director, share his secrets about being a successful Brand Manager in the 2nd episode of Best Jobs in the World – Stories from the Fashion Industry, a series of open-access video lessons taught by leading fashion industry experts.