The metaverse is a collective virtual shared space that combines aspects of social media, online gaming, augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR) and blockchain, to allow humans experience life in ways they could not in the physical world.
The Introduction to the Metaverse short course will introduce students to contemporary virtual reality in the fashion field, taking an innovative approach that analyzes the relationship between the fashion system and the metaverse from a cultural, design and business perspective.
Students will acquire an understanding of digital culture and the metaverse with a focus on fashion design. They will learn about the business strategies adopted by the fashion system for the metaverse market and also study 3D design elements.
The main lecturers on this course are industry professionals who have years of experience in the field. They can help students narrow down their career focus and pursue their desired career paths.
Who it's for
This course is aimed at creative individuals eager to explore the contemporary reality of the metaverse in fashion.
Students will produce a visual book containing their research on the metaverse, design and 3D experiments.
The curriculum of the course includes a range of subjects that will help students develop their skills and knowledge in the field. Some of the key topics covered include:
- Metaverse and fashion design: introduction to the metaverse and its relationship with the fashion system
- Digital culture: cultural and iconographic analysis of the development of digital cultural in fashion
- 3D Design: introduction to 3D design elements
- Metaverse and business strategy: analysis of business strategies adopted by the fashion system in the metaverse market
Application requirements are:
- English language proficiency
Once you complete the short course in Introduction to the Metaverse, you will receive Polimoda’s Official Certificate of Attendance.
This certificate will strengthen your CV and expand your career opportunities.