The Fashion History Online Course provides a comprehensive examination of fashion’s progression, its reciprocal influence with diverse cultures and societies, and its role as a mirror reflecting social and cultural phenomena. This introductory course will guide students through the key milestones and trends marking the evolution of fashion, shedding light on the social and cultural phenomena that have shaped it.
The overarching aim of this course is to delve into the cyclical patterns of styles within culture and fashion history, foregrounding the concept of zeitgeist. It will empower students to recognize different fashion eras and styles and their enduring relevance in today’s fashion landscape.
Esteemed industry professionals, possessing extensive experience, serve as the chief lecturers for this course. They are adept at guiding students to fine-tune their career goals and offer invaluable insights into the practicalities of studying at Polimoda.
Delivered entirely remotely, the course structure comprises 3-hour online lessons, spanning across five days.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will acquire:
- Enhanced contextual understanding of key historical references in fashion
- An appreciation for the critical role that knowledge of fashion history plays in analyzing contemporary and future fashion trends
- The ability to identify iconic designers and their influence on current fashion
- Recognition of how historical moments continue to shape the fashion system
- Improved research skills
Application requirements are:
- English language proficiency
- Secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent