Pattern Magic is a creative approach to patternmaking based on the art of constructing and sculpting elaborate clothes and costumes.
The short course in Pattern Magic aims to provide students with an understanding of the art of intricate patternmaking and complex three dimensional design, introducing those with prior knowledge of patternmaking to the elaborate art of pattern magic.
This course stands out for its innovative focus on sculptural patternmaking, perfect for enriching the portfolio of a fashion design or student patternmaker. Students will learn to experiment with sculptural patternmaking, incorporating pattern magic into their designs.
The main lecturers on this course are industry professionals who have years of experience in the field. They can help students narrow down their career focus and pursue their desired career paths.
Who it's for
The curriculum of the course includes a range of subjects that will help students develop their skills and knowledge in the field. Some of the key topics covered include:
- Fashion Costume: cultural insights into costume design in fashion
- Patternmaking: focus on the realization of elaborate patterns for the creation of sculptural clothes
- Draping: insights into draping techniques that make it possible to construct a garment directly on the mannequin without using a pattern
Application requirements are:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with motivation letter
- English language proficiency
- Secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent
- Previous knowledge of patternmaking and fashion design
Once you complete the short course in Pattern Magic, you will receive Polimoda’s Official Certificate of Attendance.
This certificate will strengthen your CV and expand your career opportunities.