Kidswear design is a branch of Fashion design that focuses on kids’ apparel and its specific features and characteristics.
The Kidswear short course analyzes the specific traits of the target audience and examines the evolution of trends in this sector. Students will work with moodboards to represent new kidswear concept ideas and learn about the specific process of kidswear design and patternmaking.
Thanks to the innovative approach of the Kidswear course, students will learn how to analyze current trends and research new trends in the kidswear sector, and how to develop a kidswear design from the initial visual research through to the finished concept and pattern.
The main lecturers on this course are industry professionals who have years of experience in the field. They can help students narrow down their career focus and pursue their desired career paths.
Who it's for
This course is aimed at Fashion design students that wish to develop their knowledge by exploring the field of kidswear design.
Students will produce a visual portfolio for a new kidswear design concept including trend research, moodboards and illustrations, design development and patterns.
The curriculum of the course includes a range of subjects that will help students develop their skills and knowledge in the field. Some of the key topics covered include:
- Trend forecasting: analysis of existing trends and research into new trends in the kidswear field
- Moodboard and Illustration: visual representation of a new kidswear concept
- Kidswear Design: fashion design focusing on the specifics of kidswear
- Patternmaking: realization of a pattern for a kidswear design
Application requirements are:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with motivation letter
- English language proficiency
- Secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent
- Previous knowledge of fashion design
Once you complete the short course in Kidswear, you will receive Polimoda’s Official Certificate of Attendance.
This certificate will strengthen your CV and expand your career opportunities.