Eyewear Design is an innovative journey into the art of creating optical glasses and sunglasses, blending fashion sensibilities with market readiness.
The short course in Eyewear Design offers a deep dive into the world of eyewear within the fashion and accessories industry, equipping students with the skills to design both eyeglasses and sunglasses.
Students will embark on a comprehensive path, mastering the process from analyzing fashion and market trends to developing sketches and graphic designs. The course aims to provide a thorough understanding of the eyewear sector, offering an exclusive window into the intricacies of eyewear production and design.
Throughout the course, students will explore the cultural aspects and evolving trends of eyewear design, learning to transform a visual concept into a tangible product. This journey, from initial sketches to the final design, is enriched with personalized feedback from professors who bring a wealth of industry experience.
The main lecturers on this course are industry professionals who have years of experience in the field. They can help students narrow down their career focus and pursue their desired career paths.
Who it's for
This course is designed for students who wish to expand their design portfolio and explore the niche field of eyewear design. It is ideal for those looking to gain a deeper understanding of the eyewear sector within the fashion and accessories industry.
Upon completion of the course, students will have created a visual portfolio showcasing a diverse range of eyewear designs. This portfolio will reflect their understanding of eyewear trends, design processes, and material selection, demonstrating their ability to conceptualize and design eyewear.
The curriculum of the short course in Eyewear Design includes a range of subjects that will help students develop their skills and knowledge in the field.
Some of the key topics covered include:
- Trend Forecasting: Understanding and predicting future market trends and consumer preferences
- Eyewear Design: The process of designing glasses, from mood board creation and concept development to detailed sketches and final designs
- Materials: Research and analysis of materials used in eyewear design
- Graphics and 3D Modelling: Techniques for visual representation and prototyping of eyewear designs
Application requirements are:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with motivation letter
- English language proficiency
- Secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent
- Previous knowledge of fashion design
Once you complete the short course in Eyewear Design, you will receive Polimoda’s Official Certificate of Attendance.
This certificate will strengthen your CV and expand your career opportunities.