The Pre-College program in Fashion System: Design / Production and Business is the perfect opportunity for high school students who are interested in pursuing a career in fashion. This unique program provides hands-on learning that dives into the most important fields of the fashion industry.
During the eleven-day program, students will attend a carefully designed curriculum consisting of lessons, activities, and field trips. These experiences will focus on fashion design, the production chain, product development, and the fundamental aspects of fashion business and enterprise.
This program provides a unique opportunity for students to explore the world of fashion and get a taste of the college experience. Students will work individually and in teams to complete a variety of creative projects, as well as start building their personal creative portfolio.
One of the highlights of the program is the chance to visit one-of-a-kind sustainable and artisanal Florentine productions. This opportunity will allow students to witness first-hand how fashion comes to life, as well as discover the latest trends in fashion design, production, and business while walking in the stunning boutique district.
This non-credit 40-hour course is an excellent choice for high school students who are interested in pursuing a career in fashion. It provides a unique and engaging learning experience that will set them on the path towards a successful career in the industry.
This program lets you live the beautiful Florence during summer and includes the following services:
- All classes at Polimoda campus in Villa Favard, via Curtatone 1, Florence
- Use of Polimoda facilities (labs, etc.)
- Access to the Polimoda Library
- Individual interview with a senior teacher from the course to assess your potential and further opportunities to continue in this field of study
- Program Orientation
- Florence fieldtrip: admission to the Uffizi Gallery and Basilica di Santa Croce; visits to Piazzale Michelangelo, Piazza della Signoria and the Duomo; boutique tour; admission to Palazzo Pitti Costume Museum and Gucci Garden Museum
- Milan fieldtrip: 2-day Fashion Tour in Milan with Visit to Lake Como Silk Factory and Lake Como boat ride
- Florence Airport Shuttle to your accommodation on arrival and departure day
- trendy florentine accommodation in the city center within walking distance of Polimoda
- 24/7 in-house resident advisor for accompany and support
- Complimentary breakfast each morning as well as dinner each night at a local restaurant or hotel restaurant
- Tickets to public transportation
Trip delay and medical insurance coverage up to $50,000 per person is included.
As a culminating project, students will create a trend book, which is designed to help them apply the knowledge and skills they have acquired throughout the program to a real-world scenario. The trend book project is a critical component of the program, as it allows students to showcase their abilities and demonstrate their potential to future employers or college admissions committees. By the end of the program, students will have a completed trend book to add to their portfolio, which will serve as evidence of their skills and creativity in the fashion industry.
Application requirements are:
- English language proficiency
- At least 16 years old
- have completed their sophomore or junior years of high school by the start of the program