Introduction to Fashion Aesthetics is a short course designed for creative kids and teens willing to explore and gain insights into the world of fashion aesthetics. The course provides a solid foundation in the theory and practice of fashion content creation, including visual communication topics such as typography, mood boards & layouts, and illustration.
Throughout the course, students will be exposed to a range of fundamental concepts and skills that will help them understand typography and its use in fashion content creation, explore mood boards and layouts from a creative standpoint, develop an individual drawing style that speaks to their unique aesthetic, and acquire knowledge of the various opportunities available within the fashion industry.
By the end of the course, students will have created a portfolio that reflects their own personal style and be ready for further study in the world of fashion. Introduction to Fashion Aesthetics provides an excellent opportunity for young students to gain a comprehensive understanding of the visual world of fashion, by learning about its cultural and practical processes.
The program also includes visits to some of the most iconic fashion venues in Florence, such as: Gucci Garden, the museum dedicated to the Italian fashion house with classic clothing and handbag exhibits, and the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum, a fashion museum dedicated to the life and work of Italian shoe designer Salvatore Ferragamo and his eponymous company.
The main lecturers in this course are industry professionals who have years of experience in the field. They can help students narrow down their career focus and provide them first-hand insight into studying at Polimoda.
Who it's for
This course is aimed at creative students 14 to 17 years old, willing to gain insight and explore fashion aesthetics.
At the end of this course, students will produce a visual portfolio and be ready for further study.
The curriculum of the Introduction to Fashion Aesthetics short course includes a range of subjects that will help students develop their skills and knowledge in the field. Some of the key topics covered include:
- Aesthetics: principles of beauty and artistic taste, including the principles of color theory, composition and design that are essential to understanding the world of fashion aesthetics
- Fashion illustration: illustration for visual communication, which is the art of communicating through visual representation. Students will develop their skills and learn how to use illustration as a tool for visual communication in the fashion industry
- Typography and layout: understanding the use of typography and layout in fashion content creation
- Iconography and mood boarding: exploring the use of symbols and visual elements in fashion, and developing a creative standpoint toward the use of color, texture and other design elements to convey mood and message
Application requirements are:
- English language proficiency
- 14-17 years old
Once you complete the short course in Introduction to Fashion Aesthetics, you will receive Polimoda’s Official Certificate of Attendance.
This certificate will strengthen your CV and expand your career opportunities.