The Fashion Editorial Styling Online Course is an introductory program that immerses students in the intricacies of image creation and creative direction, specifically tailored for fashion magazines and digital platforms. This course provides students with an in-depth understanding of the cultural context of imagery by examining contemporary aesthetic languages and media prevalent in today’s fashion industry.
The primary objective of this course is to enrich visual communication skills through robust cultural content and inventive research. It delves into the critical facets of editorial fashion styling, exploring the interpretation of fashion trends, their influence on visual language and iconography, the art of storytelling, and the contemporary contexts of fashion across various communication channels.
Esteemed industry professionals, possessing extensive experience, serve as the chief lecturers for this course. They are adept at guiding students to fine-tune their career goals and offer invaluable insights into the practicalities of studying at Polimoda.
Delivered entirely remotely, the course structure comprises 3-hour online lessons, spanning across five days.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Comprehend the impact of fashion styling and creative direction on image creation
- Analyze the contemporary fashion industry, and the evolution of fashion media and channels
- Understand the significance of storytelling and its influence on the fashion image
- Explore case histories and perform in-depth analysis of fashion editorials
- Receive preliminary guidance into the role of a fashion stylist and its interplay with other professionals within the fashion industry
Application requirements are:
- English language proficiency
- Secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent