- Level: Master
- Duration: 9 months
- Cost: € 28,000
- Language: English
This master course integrates three main modules: Fashion System; products, designers, brands and trade fairs, Methodology; product categories (from textiles to knitwear, denim and leather accessories), product development and construction techniques based on different raw materials and Management Tools; purchasing, operations and pipeline, project management and product management.
This intensive specialization program is taught by resident teachers from the industry and international guests, features field trips to production sites renowned for both raw materials and finished products; throughout the master, multiple projects will be assigned to explore the different production methodologies and techniques.
Lessons take place from October to June and amount to 700 contact hours. There is the possibility of completing the course with an internship in a fashion company, leading to the overall obtainment of 80 credits. English proficiency and attendance are required. Candidates are eligible and selected after the admission process.
Upon completion of the Master, students will be automatically given the possibility to partake in the Polimoda Talent program.
The areas of expertise will be organized around three focuses in which every topic will be treated from a technical and functional point of view:
- Management: Project and Product Management, Materials Purchasing, Collection planning, Fashion operations.
- RTW production with a focus on Knitwear: Garment construction, Tailoring techniques, Textile science, Knit technology, Technical Drawing, Production Pipeline.
- Leather Goods and Shoes: Leather technology, Production Pipeline.
Upon successful completion of the master course, students will be able to:
- Relate to both the design and development departments of a complex organization.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of materials, techniques and pipelines in the RTW, knitwear and accessories sectors.
- Determine/intervene in all the development and production phases.
- Understand, plan and implement all the activities needed to prototype and produce a set of garments / accessories / knitwear.
- Understand and implement new methods related to design development, material selection and the manufacturing of fashion.