The focus of the Intensive course in Beauty Management is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the beauty industry and how it relates to the fashion industry. Students will explore the concepts and techniques used in the creation, promotion and sale of beauty products and services within the fashion industry.
The program prepares students to enter the highly competitive fashion and beauty industry, characterized both by large corporations and up-and-coming independent brands, encompassing skin care, cosmetics, hair care and personal care products, while prioritizing sustainability and inclusivity. It provides students with cultural and managerial skills to work in a highly creative industry, where cultural knowledge of beauty and trends is combined with business and marketing initiatives.
Through theoretical and practical foundations, students not only acquire cultural and historical insights on the fashion and beauty industry, but also managerial skills, from business strategies, product development and merchandising processes to branding, marketing and communication.
The overall goal of the Beauty Management course is to equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary to manage beauty-related projects within the fashion industry. This includes developing a deep understanding of the beauty market, identifying key trends and consumer preferences, and applying this knowledge to create innovative and successful beauty-related projects.
Students in the Beauty Management course will learn how to manage a variety of beauty-related projects within the fashion industry. This may include developing and launching a new beauty product line, creating a beauty marketing campaign, or managing a beauty service within fashion retail, and innovative digital e-commerce environments and experiences.
The key learning outcomes for students who complete this course include:
- the ability to understand beauty and fashion in cultural and historical context
- the ability to conduct market research and analyze fashion industry trends
- the ability to effectively manage beauty and fashion brands across different platforms
- the ability to develop and execute creative, innovative marketing strategies for beauty and fashion products
- the ability to identify and work with key stakeholders, such as influencers and media outlets, to promote beauty and fashion products and brands
- the ability to develop and manage beauty and fashion campaigns
The learning outcomes of the Beauty Management course prepare students for future success by providing them with a strong foundation of knowledge and skills that are highly sought after by employers in the fashion and beauty industries. Graduates of this program will be well-prepared to take on leadership roles in beauty-related projects and to use their expertise to develop innovative, successful projects that meet the needs and preferences of today’s consumers.
The curriculum of the Intensive course in Beauty Management includes a range of subjects that will help students develop their skills and knowledge in the field. The key topics covered include:
- History of Fashion and Beauty: cultural analysis of the historical evolution of the fashion and beauty sector
- Aesthetics: cultural and visual insights into the concept of beauty and aesthetics
- Trend Forecasting: analysis of current fashion and beauty trends and forecasting those of the future
- Branding and Communication: strategic market analysis for targeting and positioning, theory and practice of strategies to maintain, improve and increase awareness of a fashion and beauty brand and its products. Study and development of storytelling strategies for the communication of a brand and its products
- Product Development & Merchandising: strategies to conceptualize, create, produce, and deliver new products and services to consumers
- Graphics & Packaging: insights into graphic design and visual practice for fashion- and beauty-related brands and products
Through an immersive 500 hours of lessons and activities, the Intensive Beauty Management program is structured around a series of modules that cover different aspects of the beauty market, providing a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge, including lectures, case studies, group and individual projects, and hands-on learning experiences.
This course includes guest speakers from the beauty industry who share their experiences and insights with students. There are also opportunities for field trips in the local area, providing students with valuable networking opportunities and professional experience.
To be eligible for this course, you will need to be selected after the admission process.
Basic requirements are:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with motivation letter
- English language proficiency
- Secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent
Students who complete this course can pursue a wide range of careers within the fashion and beauty industries, including roles in beauty product development, brand management, marketing, among others.
Graduates can find work in a variety of settings, such as communication agencies, e-commerce platforms, and fashion and luxury companies.