The Intensive course in Fashion E-Commerce is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of fashion-related e-commerce and its relationship to their fashion consumers. Throughout the course, students will learn about the latest trends and technologies in e-commerce for fashion and gain practical skills in managing e-commerce strategies for fashion businesses.
The overall goal of this course is to equip students with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
Students will explore the unique challenges and opportunities that arise when selling fashion products online, including the importance of presenting products in a visually appealing way, managing inventory for seasonal and trend-driven products, and providing excellent customer service and experience.
In addition to these core topics, the course will cover emerging trends in e-commerce for fashion, such as virtual and augmented reality technologies that allow customers to try on clothes virtually, and the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning to personalize the online shopping experience. The course will also explore ethical and sustainability considerations in e-commerce for fashion, such as reducing waste in packaging and improving supply chain transparency.
The key learning outcomes for students who complete this course include:
- the ability to build and manage an e-commerce platform
- the ability to optimize the user experience
- the ability to manage inventory and supply chains, and handle customer service and support
- the ability to use e-commerce platforms and tools, and to analyze data and metrics
- the ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to real-world e-commerce challenges
Students will have gained an understanding of how e-commerce fits into the broader context of the online and offline retail industry and learned how to develop and execute effective e-commerce business plans. They will also have gained experience in collaboration and communication, having worked in teams to develop e-commerce solutions and strategies.
The curriculum of the Intensive course in Fashion E-Commerce includes a range of subjects that will help students develop their skills and knowledge in the field. Some of the key topics covered include:
- Introduction to E-Commerce for Fashion: overview of the fashion e-commerce landscape, including an overview of the different players, which can be mono-brand or multi-brand platforms tapping into fashion, lifestyle and beauty while indicating their critical success factors
- E-Commerce Strategy: development of an effective e-commerce strategy for a fashion business. Indicating the right business and revenue model while exploring the key components of a successful e-commerce site, such as design, user experience, and customer service, and learning how to use analytics and other tools to optimize site performance, work on search engine optimization (SEO) and measure e-commerce success, such as trust
- Managing E-Commerce Operations: day-to-day management of e-commerce operations for fashion businesses, including inventory management, order fulfillment, shipping and logistics, and customer support
- Emerging Trends in E-Commerce for Fashion: exploration of the latest emerging trends in e-commerce for fashion, such as virtual and augmented reality technologies in order to explore virtual try-ons and live shopping, artificial intelligence, ethical and sustainability considerations, the set-up of e-concessions, as well creating highly personalized experiences for high spenders, while always paying attention to an omnichannel approach
Through an immersive 500 hours of lessons and activities, the Intensive Fashion E-Commerce program is structured around a series of modules that cover different aspects of e-commerce, providing a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge, including lectures, case studies, group and individual projects, and hands-on learning experiences.
This course includes guest speakers from the e-commerce industry who share their experiences and insights with students. There are also opportunities for field trips in the local area, providing students with valuable networking opportunities and professional experience.
To be eligible for this course, you will need to be selected after the admission process.
Basic requirements are:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with motivation letter
- English language proficiency
- Secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent
Students who complete this course can pursue a career in the e-commerce industry, as an e-commerce manager in a fashion e-commerce platform, large retail company or fashion brand.