- Level: Associate
- Duration: 2 years
- Cost: € 14,000 per year
- Language: English
The concentrated two-year program in Fashion Styling offers vertical progress, from learning the basic skills required by the market to completing more practical tasks such as fashion movie curating and providing consistency and appeal for a designer’s image. Horizontal progress is guaranteed with two projects per year, to be included in a personal portfolio.
Courses are run by teachers from the industry with hands-on, original teaching materials. Fashion Styling students have access to monthly guest lectures from experts and visionaries, an immense fashion library and computer labs. Field trips to companies, fashion shows and trade fairs in Italy will take place throughout the two-year duration of the course.
Candidates with a secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent are eligible and selected after the admission process. English language proficiency is required. Lessons take place from October to June, amounting to a total of 600 contact hours. The course is completed with an internship in a fashion company at the end of the second year. Each academic year is worth 60 credits.
First Year: Fashion System
Contemporary Fashion, Aesthetics, Sociology of Imaginary, Fashion Photography, Photo shooting, Graphic Design, Fashion History, Collection Styling, Fashion Journalism, Digital Advertising.
Second Year: Personal Branding
Editorial Styling, Fashion Trend Forecasting, Digital Styling, Fashion Magazine Content, Color Theory, Visual Merchandising, Trend Materials, Video Making, Fashion Future, Fashion Leadership, Fashion Blogging & PR, Fashion Curation, Personal Styling & Fashion Portfolio.
Project work, seminars, workshops as well as company and museum visits are also included throughout the two-year program.
Upon successful completion of the Associate program, students will be able to:
- Use mental imagery, inventiveness, aesthetic sensibility, personal taste and visual culture.
- Identify, research, interpret and develop styling concepts working with composition, taste and style with relevance to current and future trends.
- Manage all elements and processes behind the creation of a styled image.
- Develop a strong personal style to showcase a wide cross-media portfolio.
- Work with creative directors, designers, photographers and art directors to produce professional and innovative imagery.