- Level: Associate
- Duration: 2 years
- Cost: € 14,000 per year
- Language: English
There is visible vertical progress among the students, from learning the basics of every area in the first year to gaining the ability to create, communicate and merchandise a real collection in the second year, where students create their own collection, portfolio and brand to be performed in a new-concept fashion show.
Courses are all run by teachers from the industry with hands-on materials. Design Management students also have access to expert guest lectures each month from visionaries, an immense library, to computer and Design Lab. An intense program of reviews with auditors from the industry, and field trips to companies and fashion shows is organized throughout the two years.
Candidates with a secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent are eligible and selected after the admission process. English language proficiency is required. Lessons take place from October to June, and amount to a total of 600 contact hours. The course is completed with an internship in a fashion company at the end of the second year. Each academic year is worth 60 credits.
First year: Creativity & Industry
Contemporary Fashion; Textile Science; Fashion Marketing and merchandising; Graphic Design I; Fashion Strategy & Development; Design Studio I (Pattern Making & Draping); Fashion Design I. Start-up Management
Second Year: Personal Branding
Vintage & Iconography; Colour & Materials, Trend Forecasting; Graphic Design II (3D Printing); Fashion Communications; Fashion Business; Collection Management; Design Studio II (Prototyping); Fashion Design II. Collection, portfolio and brand
Project work, seminars, workshops as well as company and museum visits are also included throughout the two-year program.
Upon successful completion of the Associate program, students will be able to:
- Develop a research methodology, envision and produce content that informs their creative design.
- Create all necessary materials through 2D and 3D development, integrating fashion vocabulary, textiles, materials, color, texture and patterns.
- Design a merchandising plan scaled to marketability, targeting and positioning objectives to optimize sales in the correct market.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of business processes and entrepreneurship, communication and marketing, and business planning and strategic view in a brand’s framework.
- Create a professional portfolio.