Alongside its year-long schedule of events and exhibitions, Polimoda organizes applied projects with some of the most important companies in the field, as well as special collaborations both in Italy and abroad, to foster an ongoing reflection on fashion and offer students the opportunity to take on the industry and showcase their skills.
Every year Polimoda organises events to promote the Institute, give back to the city of Florence, and present our best student talents to the world. We also collaborate through events organised by other institutions and various types of partners, who match with the vision and objectives of the institute.
Applied projects are activities carried out in collaboration with companies and institutions that are an integral part of the education program. These projects allow students to interact on a professional level through real-world scenarios, and companies to see the creative talent of our students.
Polimoda invites companies and institutions to be part of our educational programs and the many initiatives organised at the Institute, through various forms of cooperation and partnership, including:
- Education: actively participate in study programs through collaborations and partnerships, by making your expertise available to students to forge new skills, methodologies and synergies, and thus contribute to the development of the entire industry.
- Donations: companies and individuals can contribute to our academic programs through the valuable donations of raw materials, machinery, equipment, look books, magazines or catalogues, which are all extremely useful for lectures, research and projects.
- Lectures, seminars and workshops: our teaching method is based on experience and the direct transferral of knowledge. For this reason, Polimoda invites professionals and experts to share with our students their own testimonies or corporate history, and thus stimulate an interesting comparison with the new generation.
- Scholarships: Giving a special opportunity to the most deserving student by providing the total or partial coverage of course fees, is investing in the future of fashion with integrity and generosity.
- Company visits: To enable students to understand workplaces and processes from a firsthand perspective, we organise guided visits to company facilities and production departments. This also provides students with career guidance and a further examination of specific issues presented in class.